New Paypal checkout page missing recurring donations option

pwil30
Contributor
Contributor

Our client runs a charity that has a lot of recurring donations. "Donate Now" HTML Paypal buttons are used on the site which direct to Paypal. Users have been able to select a box on the Paypal checkout to make the donation recurring (see below screenshot -- shows their Italian-site Paypal checkout). 

italian-old.png

Recently, the checkout page has updated on their English account, which you can see in the screenshot below, has no option for recurring donations. 

Is there anyway to integrate this option into the checkout page? If not, is it possible to revert to the old checkout page format?

I would create a new subscriptions button, but we want our donors to be able to select the monthly recurring amount, as they have been able to do up until now.

english-new.png

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_MichaelL
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi pwil30,

Currently this is intended. Any existing recurrent donations won't be affected, but creating new ones isn't currently possible. Although this feature is intended to be introduced in future, there is not ETA I can share at the moment.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

MTS_MichaelL
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi pwil30,

Currently this is intended. Any existing recurrent donations won't be affected, but creating new ones isn't currently possible. Although this feature is intended to be introduced in future, there is not ETA I can share at the moment.

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

You can still do recurring payments if you switch to Subscription buttons or build your own "opt-in" to recurring using Express Checkout and recurring payments profiles.  If you're interested in that sort of thing let me know.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.