New PayPal checkout page

BalqMhor
Contributor
Contributor

We have updated so that our site now re-directs to the new PayPal checkout page, however I notice that the page that we are redirected to is slightly different from the PayPal guidance (sent via email).

PayPal advised that the new page would give two options...either for the client to "login to PayPal account" or to "Pay by Debit or Credit Card".

However, the page I'm now directed to gives the options of "login to PayPal account" or "check out as a guest"

This is quite misleading to my clients who won't have a PayPal account and may not realise that "check out as a guest" actually means pay by credit or debit card.

This is unclear for our users. Can you let me know how I get the orginal screen with the second option as "Pay by Debit or Credit Card"

regards

Ash

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Can you provide a screenshot of the login/guest checkout screen that you're getting?

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

BalqMhor
Contributor
Contributor

@angelleye wrote:

Can you provide a screenshot of the login/guest checkout screen that you're getting?

here's a screen shot...hope you can help!

PaypPal_checkin.jpg

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

@BalqMhor - The wording is a little different on the new checkout pages, the old flow was closer to what you mentioned above. But I can submit a feature request internally so that the product team can investigate the pro's and con's of both sets of wording. 

Login to Me Too

BalqMhor
Contributor
Contributor

@MTS_Ciaran wrote:

@BalqMhor - The wording is a little different on the new checkout pages, the old flow was closer to what you mentioned above. But I can submit a feature request internally so that the product team can investigate the pro's and con's of both sets of wording. 

Hi Ciaran, many thanks for your quick response. The email that PayPal sent me (on 9th March 2017) indicated that the new checkout pages would have the wording with the options to "Login (to your PayPal account), or pay with a debit or credit card. I attach a screen shot of the email. The link is also here. This wording is very clear to our clients.

PayPal have obviously changed the new login screen so that it now gives the options of "Login" or "Checkout as a guest". This second option is very ambiguous...giving no indication that there is an option to pay by debit or credit card. We may well lose business / clients because of this ambiguity.

Please raise a feature request as you have mentioned. Hopefully it will be pretty strraight forward to change the second option back to "Pay by Credit or Debit Card". If you cannot make this change, we may have to consider changing our merchant account. 

Hopefully other PayPal users will agree with this sentiment.PayPal_pages.jpg

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.