How do you add more than ten options yo a button?

rhonauk
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Paypal buttons are limited to ten options.

I've tried editing the code by simply adding more options, but if you select an option over the standard ten and I get this error mesage:

PayPal cannot process this transaction because of a problem with the seller's website. Please contact the seller directly to resolve this problem.

Is there a way to add more options? Seems strange to limit buttons like that.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Ciaran

Thanks, based on what you are describing you could just use a drop down menu or a text field for the "Quantity" variable and use Javascript to amend the price depending on the quantity. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

MTS_Ciaran

Its not possible to have more option variables outside the standard 0-9 values I'm afraid.

If you need more I would suggest coding for this on your website and embedding the options in the return_url, or the custom variable so that they are passed back to you. But that would also mean that the options are not logged on your PayPal account side in the same way option variables are. 

Login to Me Too

rhonauk
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply Ciaran.

I'm offering different quantities of a product in 100s up to 1,500 as people buy diferent quantities and pay less the more they buy. 

I'll need to look into what you suggest as I'm not sure how to do either, but am surprised that the buttons are so limited. I can imagine lots of merchants require more than ten options.

Login to Me Too
Solved

MTS_Ciaran

Thanks, based on what you are describing you could just use a drop down menu or a text field for the "Quantity" variable and use Javascript to amend the price depending on the quantity. 

Login to Me Too

rhonauk
Contributor
Contributor

Really appreciate the suggestion and help. I'll look into how to accomplish that.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.