How can i create a paypal button that allows donors to make donation in honor of someone?

nonprofithelper
New Community Member

How can i create a paypal button that allows donors to make donation in honor of someone?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You can add a text field:

"If you would like your donors to include some additional information with their donation, you can use a text field attached to your button to collect it. To do this for a Donation button, you will first need to create a Buy Now button, then edit the HTML so that it looks like a Donate button.

Note that PayPal automatically collects the donor’s name and address for you, and includes it in your payment confirmation emails. You will not need to add text fields in order to save your donors’ names and addresses."

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/get-started/donate-button-text-field

In the "Enter name of text field" step, you can name the text field "Donation in honor of" and it would show, along with the blank text field to capture that data.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You can add a text field:

"If you would like your donors to include some additional information with their donation, you can use a text field attached to your button to collect it. To do this for a Donation button, you will first need to create a Buy Now button, then edit the HTML so that it looks like a Donate button.

Note that PayPal automatically collects the donor’s name and address for you, and includes it in your payment confirmation emails. You will not need to add text fields in order to save your donors’ names and addresses."

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/get-started/donate-button-text-field

In the "Enter name of text field" step, you can name the text field "Donation in honor of" and it would show, along with the blank text field to capture that data.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.