Email Notifications Not Going to Correct Email Address

Glsonn
Contributor
Contributor

Someone in another Community suggested I repost my problem here. I don't see a Category and Board that really apply though.

Until about 2 days ago, when I had PayPal Notifications (of eBay sales) go to Address1 (a Roadrunner address), they would be forwarded to Address2 (a Gmail address) just fine. Then that stopped working. I have no idea why. All emails from Address1 are supposed to be forwarded to Address2. All but PayPal emails are being forwarded. Weird.

So earlier today (now yesterday) I changed my PayPal Notification address to Address2 to avoid the need for forwarding from Address1. However, notifications of sales are still going to Address1 and are staying there without being forwarded as described above. I am getting a sales notification directly from eBay so I know there's been a sale, but I don't get the notification at Address2 from PayPal that says it's been paid for.

Is this a known problem? Should I just wait until tomorrow (now today) to see if the email change I made earlier today takes effect? It doesn't seem like I should have to. The change should be immediate. My email settings at PayPal does show Address2 as my Primary address.

Thanks for any help.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MTS_Justin
Hello,

You should really simplify your email setup and just use one email address or setup a distribution list.

Changing the email address within your PayPal account will only affect communications sent by PayPal about your account and PayPal services, it would not affect where your payment notifications are sent. Payment notifications are always sent to the email address where the payment is received, so if you want to change the email address where payment notifications are sent, you need to modify the source from where the payments originate.

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

Glsonn
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to simplify. I had been using an email address that was forwarded to my main email address. Now I'm trying to have everything go directly to the main email address without the forwarding process in between.

The notifications in question are coming from eBay which is virtually the same as PayPal. My ebay account now also uses that main email address without the forwarding step.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.