Contingency error on Buy Now button

sunshine212121
Contributor
Contributor

I generate a Buy Now button from paypal business account for alowing customers cu pay with debit card/credit.

After enter the card details and shipping and click "Pay" nothing happens. In Console is a "guest" request i receive 400 Bad Request and the response ack:"contingency",contingency:"RISK_DISALLOWED".

I didn't find anywhere something about contingency.

Do you know something about this, how can I resolve this?

Thank you!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Guest checkout is not always allowed depending on a variety of variables including but not limited to the countries involved in the transaction, the history of the accounts involved in the transaction, the type of product/services being paid for, etc.  Based on the error you're showing it sounds like Guest Checkout simply isn't allowed for that transaction for one reason or another, so the buyer would need to create a PayPal account to complete the payment.

Alternatively, you could sign up for PayPal Payments Pro / Braintree so that you can integrate credit card processing directly into your site and avoid the need for guest checkout.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.