$0.00 in Add To Cart button

GregLW
Contributor
Contributor

I'm setting up a website for a client that sells custom-made knives.

I've got 13 different blade types, with 32 possible handle materials.

So the customer selects his blade using an Add To Cart button, and then goes to select his handle type.

6 of the 32 handle types have an extra charge from $15 to $45, so no problem with these.

But the other 26 have no extra charge. So ideally I would have a Add To Cart button for the selected handle with a $0.00 charge.

But it wouldn't let me make a button with a $0.00 charge.

So what's the best way to add a selection to the cart without a charge?

Thanks for your help.

GregLW

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

It would be best if you build this logic into your own shopping cart and then pass everything to PayPal in a single payment request.  You could use the Cart Upload method for this using basic HTML forms, or even better would be to use Express Checkout, which consists of building API calls.  Of course, you'd have to be familiar with coding and building such requests, but this would free you from any such limitations.

If you're interested in getting a bid on having this work done for you let me know.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

PayPal does not allow a $0.00 as an amount, it has to be $0.01 at a minumin - what you have in mind would require some custom coding.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.