Paypal Witholding Funds

AnthonyGarces
Contributor
Contributor

I am a new freelancer and my employer wants to use PayPal as our method of giving the salary. I understand the FEES and such but "WITHOLD" funds?! This is **bleep**, we freelance workers do our jobs before we even get paid and PayPal just get their fees and HOLD our money!!

This is not a buyer protection feature this is just plain **bleep**, why would PayPal hold the money of a freelancer. We do not sell, we do jobs and it's between the employer/employee's security of the funds. 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AnthonyGarces

Correct and if your employer had used the correct option to send you the funds you would have had them instantly.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

AnthonyGarces
Contributor
Contributor

If PayPal continues this kind of "Buyer Protection" freelancers are forced to used other services and will have a hard time finding an employer that can use other services. Salary for us freelancers are the money to buy food and pay the bills. Holding it for another 21 days is such a pain in the **bleep**. They should come up with a new PayPal account "Freelancer"  (Personal, Business and Freelancer/Online Worker)

Login to Me Too

crisbit
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlassWhat would be the right option for the employer to send payments. Can you please give the details? Thanks

Login to Me Too

heman_deep
New Community Member

I am using paypal for so many years now, but I came across horror when a professional Paypal Seller who knew every policy and how to use it to his benefit. I worked for his project for around 8 months and when his project came to completion he started to indulge me in controversy and started to criticize me for one thing or another. Than he took a master stroke and applied for refund for around $2000 which I earned by working day and night for him. From amount of $2000 , $1000 was for illegal transaction which fortunately is refused by paypal and than he started putting all the payments to refund. But I was sure I will convince paypal that I worked for him as I had proofs, but to my surprise I was wrong as they only wanted to see the tracking ID. When he didn't stopped at sending every given payment to refund. I even send a CD to show tracking ID but it was too late and paypal only refunded me one payment for it like giving something to a begger.

I have sent so many emails to paypal requesting to remove by negitive balance but I doesn't even get a reply. I can't see any human working at PAYPAL. They are machines, who only know language of money.

As I am a full time freelancer , I am very disappointed as there are not many good alternatives available to take money as most of clients use Paypal 😞

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.