[CLOSED] #PayPalFreelancer Workstation Contest

PayPal_Mark
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Share your best #FreelanceWorkstation picture and stand a chance to win USD200 from PayPal!

As a Freelancer, your workstation is your office, your control centre, your home for hours in the day. But it’s more than just a practical place to sit and work – it’s a way to express your unique personality.

Whether your setup is a multi-monitor power station, a quirky corner filled with toys and action figures or a backpack and laptop in the coffee shop, we want to see where you do your freelancing. There are TWO things you should do to be qualified:

1. Upload a photo of your #FreelanceWorkstation in your post below. 

2. Tell us in a short write-up about what makes it special. 

Looking forward to seeing your entries!

*Terms & Conditions apply.

UPDATE: Contest is now closedSee previous winning entries here

Login to Me Too
930 REPLIES 930
Solved

PayPal_Luna
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

Week 5 submission is now closed. Any entry submitted after Jul 6 (23:59h SGT) (GMT +8) will be counted towards week 6 submission. 

We are down to the last week - so hurry for the last chance to win USD 200 in PayPal credit! Good luck to all!

Luna

If my post or any other was helpful, please show your appreciation by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

kimchan

attachments.zipTHE REAL MINIMALIST

"We are who we are"

My simple life simplifies my life. Time is where we put our effort in too. There is always a time for work and sleep it's just A MATTER OF HOW WE MAKE IT. Bed is a comfortable and always will be, Working in bed can be as comforting as a King. This is my station and in a good way comfortable for me but it's how we present ourselves not by the place. We are always moving forward with time, but before we kill on our switches at night, it's comforting to know that my motivation is my bed on finishing projects. It's simple. Why make life complicated? Who says we can't make money in bed? I prove them all wrong. It's how our bed makes us comfortable while earning. So, #FreelanceWorkstation can be as free. Nothing fancy.  

-Bed

kim Dionson

Philippines

Login to Me Too

indroi
Contributor
Contributor

mg1.jpg  IAm Wonder Women

Login to Me Too

Cheyanne1101

My office area is where I volunteer DJ 3 days a week for an internet Blues station. I help to care for my disabled brother most of the time and DJing is relaxing, fun and I love those Blues!DJ Workspace.jpg

Login to Me Too

chiqueylim
New Community Member

workinspiredwallpaper.JPG

Good Day,

This is not my work space but as a designer this is how we design our work space and this is how we deal our designing tools, for almost 4 years using paypal in payments I have no issues on it I am glad almost of my clients from, Freelancer.com, Austrilia, Canada, United States and Other part of the World are using this kind payment.

Continue to improve paypal and serve clients. God Bless . Thanks

Chique Lim

Web Designer, Philippines

Login to Me Too

manuelfcg
Contributor
Contributor

IMG_5672.jpg

Im a graphic designer from Mexico. I work for a company but in my free times I work as a freelance.

For me, a workstation needs to be inspiring. If you don get inspired by the atmosphere you will not be confortable. A simple but confortable space allows me to give my best!

Login to Me Too

manuelfcg
Contributor
Contributor

IMG_4605.jpg

Im a graphic designer from Mexico. I work for a company but in my free times I work as a freelance.

For sketching I use a big white table with my computer or iPad, books for references and sketchbooks, pencils and markers.

I love to have all stuff in the table. It seems like chaos but having all these things in front of me helps me to get inspired. Iced coffee and snacks are a plus!

Login to Me Too

sei-chan
Contributor
Contributor

#FreelanceWorkstation

Sarah Grace --- From Philippines

I want to share my "before and after" workstation...

before my 2nd baby was born I used to clean my area... but after he was born...

He Owned it!! yeah as you can see, there were toys on my table sometimes sharing my monitor on him watching "nursery clips"..

But despite of all those rocking moments.. I still choose to work at home... at the same time taking care of my kiddos... 🙂

Smiley Very Happy

#freelanceworkstation.jpg

Login to Me Too

maryjadeanne198
Contributor
Contributor

My WorkstationWhat makes my workstation special is that I share it with my mother. I work on my articles at her classroom where she has every reference book that I need. I like company when I work and mommy is always there to chat and share coffee as I finish my articles. I also ask her at times when I ran out of ideas. Freelance work can be mind exhausting so it's good to have back up.

Login to Me Too

FaithB
Contributor
Contributor

4-14-2

(Ooops.Sorry, I had to upoad the photos again.)

This is my messy simple yet meaningful workstation at home. It's in a little corner in my room and this is where I spend my time as a student and as a freelancer.

I am a student and at the same time I work as a researcher and a VA for a social marketing company in the US. Of course it is a challenge for me to keep a balance between the two, especially during the full load semesters. It is quite tiresome (but very worth it) and I am proud of myself for being able to handle these two heavy jobs. Not to mention I am a graduating student taking up my bachelors degree in Chemical Engineering.

My goal for now is to graduate, become a chemical engineer (and well, make my parents proud). The long list of expenses at school urged me to work while studying. Most of the payment I get from freelancing (by the way, thanks for PayPal for making online transactions with overseas clients fast, convenient and possible) are spent on boarding house rent (since my home is far from the university, I had to rent a room), school and other personal expenses. Thankfully, I don't have to worry about tuition fees since my parents got them covered.

Freelancing is such a blessing for me. It did not only aid me financially but it had a great impact on me as a person. Here's a fact: The things, or rather the values I learned as a freelancer are more precious than the dollars I earned. To be diligent,hardworking and to be prompt at work - I developed all these through through freelancing. This journey taught me how to be more disciplined and it made me realize the importance of having a good work ethic to strengthen your relationship with your clients. As a 22-year-old young individual, I consider this experience as one of the "bests" so far.

At first look, there's nothing special about my workplace. The laptop, the speakers, calendar, planner...they are common things you find in a freelancer work table (and the photo quality isn't even that good). But I think what makes it special is that this little corner in my room is where I am building my dreams of becoming an engineer (say hello to my school ID, calculator and engineering books), of travelling the world (yes, the map!), of collecting books (that mini shelf is actually a three-layer shelf full of books and my sister built it) while of course, boosting my freelancing career.

So when you ask me what's so special about this workplace? I'd say it's the story behind it.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.