paypal plus credit card info not showing up on paypal.com

karnor
Contributor
Contributor

I have seen where many others have had this same problem, but no one has gotten a fix.  I have been told by Paypal plus (GE Money) that it's not their problem -- Paypal.com has to fix it.  Paypal.com says it's not their problem, Paypal Plus Credit Card has to fix it.  One said that it's supposed be fixed on Oct 3rd and another says Oct 31st.  One said they've not heard there's a problem, another said that they've heard it's because paypal hasn't uploaded files they need to upload.  Everyone blames everyone else or says it's not a problem - yet we can't access our reward points, check for fraudulent activity, or pay on our balance. 

Doesn't *anyone* out there know what's going on and when it's going to be fixed? 

Login to Me Too
135 REPLIES 135

mrmacster103
Contributor
Contributor

When can I expect to see my PayPal MasterCard info?  I have a payment due 3/12 that I would like to pay online.  I have been waiting over 3 months already!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi mrmacster103,

Let me know if you're still not seeing it after today.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

reet
New Community Member

I have a Paypal Smart Connect account, I am amazed that after 4 Months of trying to deal with Paypal I still do not have a link to Paypal Smart Connect on my account. I have called every month and have been told the link will be there before I make my next payment.  I will not go into the answer I received from Merchant Technical Support. I cannot believe that after 10 years of using Paypal, they add a feature that they cannot control. I have been told it is a separate company and they are working on the link problem.

Login to Me Too

lizneedshelp
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Olivia,

I have called months ago with this same problem and was told it should appear in 10 days and have tried calling but still no change.  Can you help me link up my paypal extra mastercard to my account

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

cdegiorgis
Contributor
Contributor

I'm sorry but something is really wrong with this advice. If PayPal knows there is a problem with "linking" the GE Mastercard information with PayPal, why is the customer expected to contact Customer Service and be inconvenienced by waiting for up to 30 minutes?  Why can't PayPal be PRO-ACTIVE and do some quality service checks to determine which accounts are not linked correctly and FIX the problem before the customer becomes so irritated that they call Customer Service and berate the overseas representative who is taking the fall for PayPal's lack of quality customer support.

Login to Me Too

jwl329
Contributor
Contributor

Well what do you know, another 7 days has passed and the promised fix on my account has NOT been made.  Come on PayPal, what is your problem?  This is absolutely ridiculous.  Should I call AGAIN for another 7 day lie. Who do I need to talk with to fix this issue.  My statement and credit card does not show up when I log into my account!   How in the world can I get a copy of my monthly statement?  This has been going on since September...yes September.  I think I have a great deal of patience to put up with this poor business practice.  But, you know my patience is rapidly coming to an end.  Time to call in the media as "Peggy" cannot solve YOUR problem.  How in the world do you and GE bank stay in business?  Oh, I guess it is through the late fees and other penalties.

James

Login to Me Too

disgusted123
New Community Member

I've been there before Paypal corrected for awhile now I'm back at that point again.  Had to do a phone payment for last month. They told me it would get corrected.  I talked to a cust. rep again told me Feb 21, 2011, as of today still nothing.  I see a class action lawsuit against paypal and GE money.  Any know a good lawyer who wants to take on a couple of giants.  See how those big money maker at the top take care of things.  The worst cutomers service ever paypal has become an embarrassment to online business. The biggest portal for money making in today's day and age.

REALLY REALLY SAD!!!

Login to Me Too

Popster
Contributor
Contributor

....I just joined the ranks

Login to Me Too

Commoncents
Contributor
Contributor

Friend, you are not alone. For the last five weeks I have been trying to have Pay Pal link their MC Plus card into my account so I can pay on-line.

No success! You call their "customer service" number and you feel you are talking to Mahatma Gandhi himself. I would not care if it truly was the enlightened one, if he just fixes my problem.

Standard scripted answer "Ok sir, me talk to me supervisor”, then you are placed on hold five minutes, then a reply, “yes we fix in four business days".

Then out of shear frustration and the fear of getting charged $39.00 for a late fee, you give them your bank account number, and they then charge a $15.00 fee to give you that “customer service”Just to pay your friggin' bill.

Besides charging 27.00% interest, Pay Pal is something I can do without. Somehow I will get them to take my money, pay off the bill, and immediately cancel this card.

This company, Pay Pal, has some major problems.  I am sure some company stooge gleams over these negative comments and is waiting to say I did this wrong, that wrong, blah, blah. Time wasted so far on Pay Pal Plus CC, five weeks, 3 e-mails, four customer service gurus, and no results.

Login to Me Too

jwl329
Contributor
Contributor

Everything worked very well for me for about a year and then it all went to **bleep** in August.  I am not sure I could successfully cancel the card as I do not think Ghandi or "Peggy" is capable of doing it.  I have called and I have wrote.  I currently have a complaint filed with the BBB of Silicon Valley and I am in the process of filing a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission.  I doubt anything will be resolved but I felt a need to at least notify some of the world of the problems many of us are having.  This is a very ill company.  My guess is that they have moved all of their software overseas and we are caught up in the learning curve.  If they continue in this manner, they will definitely go out of business.  I enjoy and appreciate PayPal but even the basic financial operations are now flawed.  I can no longer do an instant bank transfer and must wait 3-5 days for a transaction to happen.  In other words a eBay shipper will not ship for probably 5 days or more. This will impact eBay in the long run.  I do not use PayPal unless absolutely necessary.  When I can be sure my account is clear(we have no way of knowing, even telephone access is **bleep**ed up most of the time) I will cancer my card and probably PayPal service.  PayPal is a ripoff company!   The public needs to know this.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.