Why was purchase charged to paypal smart connect?

bucko9999

I made a $6 purchase in November with Paypal. 

Today I logged into my paypal account and saw that the purchase was made with paypal connect, and that I owed 38 dollars inculding late fees, and that the account was closed.  I checked my credit report and see that I show as over 60 days late on the payment. 

Problem is, I don't understand why the purchase was made with smart connect.  I have paypal set up to make purchases with my checking account (which has plenty of money in it).  Did I accidentally push the wrong button or something?

I didn't know I was past due on anything because I had signed up for online statements from smart connect, and they were emailed to me from a different address than paypal (the GE credit address) and as a result, the paypal messages were not forwarded to my primary account (I have a filter to forward emails from paypal but these did not match the filter).

I paid the amount due and am not that worried about it.  I am more concerned about my credit score.  I recently paid off all my credit card debt and was feeling good about improvements to my credit score and now this big black mark appears out of nowhere.  I have never even used smart connect before and like I say, I don't know why it was charged to that account instead of just getting withdrawn from my checking account.

Has this happened to anyone else?  Does anyone think I have a chance of getting a correction from smart connect (AKA GE, I guess- or will Paypal be able to help with this?).

Thanks. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.