Redeeming your rewards vouchers - my experiences

gardavis
Contributor
Contributor

I have read lots of folks having issues with the rewards procedure for this card. I found a good music/movies/games site to use the rewards since it is usually easy to find something of interest to buy expecially if your voucher is about to expire.

I have posted a blog entry showing how to go about getting a voucher and how to apply it to a purchase at the blowitoutahere.com website (one I am familiar with). Basically, you need to use the Express Checkout button. There is no wait needed from getting the voucher and then purchasing the product.

Gary

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

TheKidinLV
New Community Member
I would like to say I had success on this, but I can't the website I went to was Christian Book Dealers and when I linked through to the PAYPAL website there was not "select from this" button or link or whatever. Being frustrated I just hit the return key and I just placed the order with no redemption rewards. Next rant. I tried to get in contact with PayPal through the contact us button and "fun meter pegged again". Unless you lie to one of the many canned questions, you can't contact them unless you do it on the phone. Thanks for nothing PayPal.
Login to Me Too

gardavis
Contributor
Contributor

Not all sites that have Express Checkout will take the vouchers. They can actively disable this option for their site. Also, if they use an "auth/settle" model where they initially authorize the payment but don't settle the transaction until shipment time, the voucher payment will not display.

Sites that transfer your payment immediatly should work (unless they disable it). That's probably because the voucher needs to be redeemed at the time of payment.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.