Paypal Smart Connect

MarshallRoss
Contributor
Contributor

I received a Paypal SmartConnect card over a month ago but was unable to figure out how to access the credit line. I called the number on the card and after much discussion and many transfers, they were finally able to tell me that the SmartConnect line of credit had not been linked to my Paypal account and that it would be four (4) business days to get it linked. After calling every four (4) business days for the past five (5) weeks, the SmartConnect line of credit is still not linked to my account.

My questions: Is there any possibility that this problem will ever get resolved? Has anyone else had this problem? . . . . . . .and got it resolved? Is it really possible for a company to stay in business while giving such poor customer service? (Actually I already know the answer to that last one. I mean WalMart, Ebay, and Microsoft prove that it is possible, but I have come to expect better from PayPal)

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Geist
Contributor
Contributor

I have been having this same problem.  I received the card in the mail.  I have called Paypal about 6 times and each time the service representative says the same thing: "Yes you have been approved, but the accounts are not yet linked.  I will transfer you to the Smart Connect line now..." "(Computer Recording)"Your balance is ____ an d your credit is _____.  Thank you bye" *click*.  And nothing ever gets solved.  Last time I called the person on the line said it would be fixed in 7 business days, it has been 9 and nothing has changed, yet again.

This issue is driving me nuts... I can't purchase anything.

Login to Me Too

twist_and_shout
Contributor
Contributor

and i thought i was the only one.  

i have called paypal regarding this so many times that i expected them to create a department exclusively for me.  i think i know every supervisor at paypal.  soon they will run out of excuses for me and will need to hire a creative soul just to come up with new and improved excuses.  

i have never gotten the same answer from any of them.  why is that??   broken promises from paypal supervisors over and over again.  what is going on????    

i have been given so many different explanations to my problem.  i have been promised it would be resolved within the hour, overnight, in four days, in seven days and in 20 days.  smart connect swears it is a paypal issue and paypal doesnt have a clue what to do.   i have three wayed supervisors from both paypal and smart connect and gotten no where.  paypal thinks there is a prompt for preferences for smart connect. not on my screen. has anyone else ever seen one?

the truth, i think but im not sure, was told to me by a smart connect supervisor once.   she told me that there was a problem and that they had been working on resolvong it since september of 2010.  there was no date she could give me that the problem would be resolved, nor any hope that it would be, nor was there any other solution that she could offer.  i was asked just to wait and check back once in a while, not with her, just with my own paypal account online.  

last i heard from paypal was a supervisor in the philipines who was very anxious to help....but i have not heard back from him either.  

Login to Me Too

Geist
Contributor
Contributor

Yea you are not alone at all Twist and Shout.  Now I am having trouble canceling my SmartConnect, but I guess I can't cancle something I do not even have.  Thanks to SmartConnect I have ZERO respect and TRUST for PayPal.  I can't even apply for the PayPal master card because i am "ineligible".

I hate SmartConnect, it has been a nightmare for me and my business.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.