Paypal Extras Mastercard 3500 Rewards Points Promotion Controversy

tijkim
Contributor
Contributor

Okay...I applied for Paypal Extras Mastecard because I saw an advertisement banner on paypal.com for a 3500 rewards points promotion.  The promotion stated that I had to spend over a $100 between November 10 and December 31, 2010.  I called Paypal about this three times.  The second time I called the customer rep confirmed that i had met the requirements.  The third time I called, I spoke with a manager and they said this promotion did not exist.  I mean... it's not the monetary value of 3500 reward points that I am worried(which is equivalent to about 30 bucks when you redeem for cash), but this is an issue of principle.  I switched all my automated payments to this card because I like Paypal, but this issue leaves me unsatisfied.  I feel as if I've been taken advantage of.  Not rewarding someone what they are entitled to is as close to stealing without the actual act of stealing.  And on top of that, I've invested three 30 minute phone calls, and I assure you that there are more to come regarding this issue.  

I am reaching out to the Paypal community to see if anyone has had similar if not the same issue.  Thank you.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.