PayPal Extra Credit Card not visible on PayPal web Page

jwl329
Contributor
Contributor

My PayPal Extra credit card has not been visible on  the PayPal Web Page since August 28, 2010!  I have call customer service at least 12 times.  I have written to GE Money Bank in El Paso.  I have filed a complaint with the BBB.  I have written the President of PayPal.  Customer service has always promised the problem would be fixed within 2 weeks.  These promises are obviously total lies.  GE Money Bank said the problem is "due to an inadvertent system issue" and would be correct BY January 26, 2010.  Yes, it is written January 26, 2010.  The problem has not been fixed.  I do not dare use the card as I have no idea how I will find out what is due.  This is totally inexcusable.  What about the reward points that I am missing?  Apparently no one at PayPal or GE Money Bank is interested in my business.  I did almost $40,000 on eBay last year.  Apparently, no reward points on these purchases. I am totally frustrated and dissatisfied with both PayPal and GE Money Bank!  I would simply close the card but I have absolutely no faith in customer service.   Furthermore, I feel like I need to learn how to speak Hindi to talk with those in customer service.  It is much like the commercial that has the guy named Peggy doing customer service.  I really believe this board is just for "blowing off steam" as I have had absolutely no help getting the credit card problem solved.  Of course all the other avenues that I have used for help are also useless.  Buyer be ware!  I would not recommend the PayPal Extra Credit card.  I have not given up as I have others to write and plead my case.  Perhaps the FTC or the new President of eBay can help.  I have been trying to get this issue resolved for 6 months now.  My patience has finally ran out.  Oh by the way, I was promised paper copies of my statement.  This promise, like the rest was a total and absolute lie.

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

jwl329
Contributor
Contributor

Forget calling customer service.  I have been calling since Aug.28, 2010!  My card became visible on the web page for about a week in November and then was gone again.  Customer service is the worst I have ever seen.  I went ahead and filed a complaint with the BBB and I have a complaint filed now with the FDIC and the Federal Trade Commission.  Buyer beware!  Forget calling!  Olivia needs to quit wasiting her time telling people to call.  All you will get is a person in India who will LIE to you.  Trust me, I have plenty of calls and have some recorded.   I even have a letter from customer service saying the problem with my card would be fixed by January 26, 2011.  That is when I filed complaints with the FTC and FDIC.  I cannot access my account through the web, the telephone account look up has been WRONG numerous times, I cannot access my credit card bonus points.  These people are crooks!  I will swear on a stack of bibles that I am telling the truth.  Oh, I even received a call from the office of President of PayPal.  Same old story...promises, promises, promises.  BUYER BEWARE, this company is in no way interested in solving problems. 

Login to Me Too

ljpold66
Contributor
Contributor

Me Too. I guess they are closing all accounts. if I do not make a payment on time because I have no where to pay. and am charged interest. I will consider my contract with them Void,

Login to Me Too

Angelmods
Contributor
Contributor

Wow, I'm having the same issue. I was told that in one week the account would be intergrated with the pay pal once again; three weeks later and nothing happened. I have a payment do to my smart card and I can't even make a payment. How do I send a complaint to the BBB, anyone? Thanks

Login to Me Too

Dontknow

I'm starting to figure that out too!! It seems like nobody is 'willing' or even 'able' to resolve this issue!!

What a 'scam' we got ourselves into!

Login to Me Too

MEvans

Wow! I am so glad that you people let me know of these problems. I was frustrated because of error when trying to apply for this card...it was actually a blessing that I couldn't apply from the way it sounds.  I had similiar frustrations dealing with customer service...your posts have saved me a whole lot of aggravation. Sorry you guys have to put up with it though. Good luck to all.     

Login to Me Too

thecbdoctor

I had the same problem with my GE credit card link disappearing from my Pay Pal account in September of 2010. I called the Pay Pal customer service and asked if there was a problem with my account. They responded with "No your account is fine."

I have never been late and never had a problem with my account. I mailed in my payment with the promise that the link would be restored within two weeks. That never happened, and I then called them the following month and I was again promised that the link would be restored; I mailed another payment. I spoke to six different representatives before I was assured that the problem was corrected and the link would be restored before my next payment was due.

The following month the link was not restored; I called the representatives again and the same promises and assurances were made. This was in November three months since the link disappeared. I again sent in my payment via USPS overnight because I did not want to make a late payment. I called them up before the December payment was due and told them that the link was not restored and that if it was not restored by time my payment was due that I was not going to mail them anymore payment until the link was restored.

I was promised that it would be restored in time before the payment was due in December. I spoke to a number of people at the company and they all confirmed that my account was in good standing and the account was current. I mentioned to the last representative I spoke to that if the link was not restored in time I would not be mailing in any more payments. He assured me that he would personally take care of it.

The payment day came and went and there was no link. I made no payments for the next four months. In April of 2011 I received an email that my account was no longer active, but I still needed to make payments and was responsible for the balance of the account. I went to my Pay Pal account and surprisingly the link is now there.  I made the past four payments in full and have been making payments since then on time.

I have been a good customer of the credit card company for over three years until they could not do a simple thing as restore the link on my Pay Pal account. I made every effort to keep my account up to date despite the fact that I had no link and no way of knowing what my balance was. I had to call them each month to make arrangements to pay them on time.

It took the action of me not making payments to get my link restored. I can not use the card, which is fine with me because I would never use it again anyway. They have lost a good customer. Now I have to see if I can get my interest payment back to where it was before their incompetence caused me to have to take such a drastic action. The recording that says, "All calls MAY be monitored for training and quality assurance" is a joke.

The only thing I should have done differently was call them daily until the link was restored instead of once a month for four months. It took me to the point of becoming a customer in bad standing before they did what they promised they would do nearly seven months earlier.......simply restore a payment link.

If your link disappears my suggestion is call them twice a day until the issue is resolved. Make sure the person speaks your language and pays US Income Tax; otherwise, nothing will be done until they stop getting their money. Don't get the GE credit card; if you can not pay out of your Pay Pal account then don't buy it. It is the only suggestion I can make.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.