I just got a phone call from "PAYPAL EXTRAS CARD"

Peter_Jimenez
Contributor
Contributor

I got a call from them around 30 minutes ago. I checked my account and noticed nothing irregular with my account. So I called that number vback and they asked to enter my account number two times as well the last 4 numbers of my social security.l I got an operator he asked for My name and mother's maiden name, aswell as phone numbers. He then asked for the 3 digit security number. I gave all the information and it did occur to me that they may not be real so I hung up and looked up the number. It seems that it's a phishing number and I think I may be charged tons of money. What could I do to prevent them from phising me. I really don't want malicious activy to happen to my account.

The number was 866-437-2914

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Andy

Peter_Jimenez- Wow.  I had not heard of this particular scam.  I'm sorry that it's happened to you.  I'm hoping you've contacted the 800 number on the back of your card to inform them of the situation and have them cancel that card. No one wants you to have to deal with fraudulent charges.

Andy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.