GE Money Bank is awful

oregonmom
New Community Member

I once again feel betrayed and manipulated by Paypal.  Why did they not advertise in their offer of a mastercard that GE Money Bank was the issuer?  GE Money Bank has to be one of the worst finacial institutions in this country with which to deal.  They, like so many others, outsource their "customer service" thus guaranteeing that you will speak with someone you can barely understand, who has little ability to venture beyond the canned script in front of them.  You can't get a clear answer to anything; just "I'm sorry for your inconvenience."  I am now seeking somewhere on the web, anywhere, to conduct ttransactions that does not involve lining the pockets of GE Money Bank and Paypal, because I'm royally tired of being ripped off.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

americandude
Contributor
Contributor

they did, it was in the terms and conditions when you first applied, i always read that stuff cuz thats how they get ya, most people never read them

Login to Me Too

TomOfNY
New Community Member

Hi there I see you are having problems with the ebay/paypal mastercard issued by GEMB. I looked for a solution for I applied and was approved yet paypal shows I was not approved. I called GEMB (I have walmart, jcpenney, lowes all by GEMB and never had issues on their sites all seamlessly intergrated) and will have the card soon. What I am getting at is I never have had a problem with GEMB and never get an oversea's person when I call, maybe subprime accounts go overseas? This is a paypal problem, the link system has issues as far as I can see and guess this will be a 'shelf' card since I can't be positive I will be able to fufill my obligation to GEMB due to the shotty paypal system.

Login to Me Too

TomOfNY
New Community Member

one other thing, it clearly states issued by GEMB that is why I applied in the first place Smiley Indifferent

Login to Me Too

kingkarl
New Community Member

Well I was not approved for the Pay Pal master card from January ,,IM still waiting for the answer either  money bank or paypal ,,is the worst customer service that you could see ,,they never sent me a letter explaining  what happen with my application, awful experience .

Login to Me Too

vmchatt888
New Community Member

i agree because I had a unsuccessful experience with GE money bank.

I wanted to add my debit visa card to my paypal account and the transaction failed.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.