Debit/Credit card application requirements

Mechcondrid
New Community Member

is there anywhere i can look up the requirements for a paypal debit/credit card i applied but was denied even though i've been a paypal customer and user for at least 3 years AND i've on a few occasions even submitted documents and such proving where i live and who i am.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

christinelacey
New Community Member

i want use my debit card from bank regions bankcards pls i do not want creditcard master i want both use my acct saving acct and checking acct and debit cards with banks if ineed use my creditcards master sometime pls set up my bank debit last 4 digit 4415 thanks

Login to Me Too

hintonmichael
New Community Member

FOR NICIKFIK

@Mechcondrid wrote:

is there anywhere i can look up the requirements for a paypal debit/credit card i applied but was denied even though i've been a paypal customer and user for at least 3 years AND i've on a few occasions even submitted documents and such proving where i live and who i am.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

These are the basic requirements:

1.  Have a Verified Premier account or Verified Business account in the U.S.

2.  Be a PayPal member for at least 60 days.

3.  Have a confirmed physical street address (not a P.O. Box). This can be done by:

4.  Be an active PayPal member in good standing.

5.  Add your Date of Birth and your Social Security number to your PayPal account.

All applications are reviewed prior to final approval.  If your application is denied, we'll let you know.

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

streetkid1215
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having a problem with my account. I tried to apply for the debit card so I could have access to Paypal outside of the internet. I was denied and told my my account was locked until I verified my identity. I already didn't understand why this was, if Paypal was unsure of my indentity, why would it allow me access to the account holder's money. Why was I just now being penalized? I have had my Paypal account for years and have always been in good standing. I submitted all the sensitive data that Paypal asked me for including photo ID, proof of address, and proof of SSN. I even went to get a bank statement and uploaded it as additional proof I'm the same person I'd always have been. After waiting a whole day, I was told my account was returned to normal standing. I would think I shouldn't need to resend the debit card application after all the trouble I was put through but I checked anyway by trying to sending another. Now it's said flat out that my application is denied and that I need to contact customer service to make a repeal. Why is that? I've done nothing wrong and seemed to have prove as much so why am I being treated like a criminal??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.