Stores no longer take my PayPal card. Why?

HolbrookDesign
Contributor
Contributor

Even though I have plenty of cash on my PayPal card, time and time again the places I have been using my card will no longer take it. What is the deal? QuickTrip, hair salon, Walmart, and Target--these are the places I have gone lately where my card is declined. It doesn't matter if it is ran as a debit or credit. Anyone else having this problem? What's the deal?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

tangoantiques
New Community Member

I have the same problem..in the all stores and in the atm bank

Login to Me Too

Chel_in_IL
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here.. I just received a payment for an ebay item two days ago and have over $400 in the account, plus I have backup funding. Tried to use it twice today and both times it was declined. I have had this happen a few times before.. Aggravating, and embarassing!

Login to Me Too

6thstreet
New Community Member

you not alone i was frustated over the weekend at walmart when card wouldnt got threw ..yet we used wife card attach to same account a half hour later to pay for gas ,My card wont work any where now but hers workls fine and i cant find any answer on account anywhere and if i could get someone on phone that didnt speak broken english and didnt read of computer screen i might get some where

Login to Me Too

cattout
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened to me yesterday at the gas station and today at another gas station and a supermarket.  And I just used it at the same supermarket 2 days ago. I don't get it either.  I'm beginning to wonder if Paypal puts some kind of hold on new monies received. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.