Problems with PayPal MasterCard Debit Card

JamesSmith
Contributor
Contributor

Here is my problem:

I have the card mentioned in the title. I have my verified bank account as backup so that my card isn't declined if I don't have the funds. Since that is the case, why is my card still being declined? I have my backup set at $400.00 so I don't understand what the problem is. Can someone help?

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

technot
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with Coffeetime.  I have a valid backup funding source....my bank, and I got significantly delayed at an airport today because my damned PayPal card was declined.  My backup funding source is on my account and is valid and verified.  It was the only purchase for the day...I've only done about $30 in purchases so far this month, I have a business account, and lots of money in my bank account.

There is absolutely NO REASON why my backup funding source shouldn't have covered the simple luggage charge at a frickin airport!

This is absolutely the WORST credit card I have EVER had.

If anyone reading this post is considering a card, I highly recommend NOT getting one!!

The worst part???  All you people who have the shared frustration as me are not even given the decency of a reply from PayPal!!!.  

Login to Me Too

KeithH
Contributor
Contributor

Hi folks.

I'm a totally blind PayPal user, and for the most part, haven't had issues.

However, I wanted to expalin an odd transaction.

First, though I doubt it makes any difference, I'm a validated PayPal member, with a premier account (sorry if I typoed that.)I'm not even sure if this is an issue.

Apparently, the card issuer of this MasterCard is a bank called country bank.

Well, I'll try to explain the issue in as much detail as I can, even if the detail seems rather pointless to share.

I have a web hosting provider that I work with, called Linode.com.

They're located in NJ, and though they do not accept PayPal itself, they do, accept cards, including the PayPal masterCard.

I needed to deposit some money to them.

So I did that just fine, entered the information, and sent the transaction off, and it completed just as I hoped it would!

🙂

But then, I'd say about three minutes after the fact, my cell goes off.

I'm glad I chose my phone to send a text message should a problem occur.

So I used my accessible Verizon phone, the Sampsung Haven, and I couldn't fully tell what the message was teling me, but I did  get a local Arizona telephone number that it wanted me to call.

So I did that.

Before I go on though, Linode automatically runs any card transaction as credit. They don't want your pins, ever.

SO, I was told to enter my card number via phone.

I punched it in. (used my screenr eader as I don't memorise lots of numbers easily like that, so wrote it down first.)

Then it asked me to change my pin for security reasons.

So I did that.

Then it said I'd be contacted within twenty four hours (so probably soon) I'd expect, with more details about my card, and some new security system.

The transaction did authorise, and is in the pending stages of being sent.

But what's going on?

Why was I told to modify my pin? Linode didn't ask me for the pin.

The card isn't damnaged, or anything, and does work, and the first transaction worked quite well!

I was actually surprised.

But I'm a bit nurvous here.

Is there a scam going on with Country bank?

Should I ignore any future text mesages if any?

Should I call PayPal instead to talk with them?

I don't really want to get a new card if I don't need to.

What should I do?

Do I need to contact law enforcement perhaps?

I wouldn't be so nourvous about this, but I'm well..extremely and a bit over security  based. Always have been.

So I'm a lot smarter than a lot of common users, who probably aren't security based.

I try my very best to always do background checks on people/places, and other things.If anyone here has ever experienced something similar, could you folks please expalin this?

Do any of you have "Country bank" issued cards?

Have any of you received text messages teling you to call a local number, then having the automated system tel you to have your pin changed?

If so, did you folks recieve a call, and if so, what did you tel them?

Since I don't have an actual account at country Bank, if a rep does call wich it sounds like someone will, do I tel them that this is a PayPal debit MasterCard?

ShouldI  give the place my SSN or anything?

What do you folks think?

Advice is sorely needed here.

As I already said above, I don't want to get a new card if I don't need to.

Thanks for any assistance you folks can give me on this.

Sorry in advance if I wasn't detailed enough in what just happened less than an hour ago, but I figured I needed to share as much information as I could.

Plus, I figured you folks might even ask me simbly because I've been asked things like: "How do you use a card at all if your blind?" And stuff like that, so wanted to add that information in just because I figured that some of you might be wondering about that. 🙂

Once again, Thanks, and God bless everyone.

As stated maybe I'm just stressing out over what might not turn out to be a big deal.

But is this going to happen upon every card transaction?

Will I always need to change my pin?

I might add, that I've never done an ATM withdrawl in wich the pin was required, but the country bank system made me change the pin (not on the PayPal side of things at all) so, will the pin even function if I do require it?

Thanks again!

Login to Me Too

AhlamO
Contributor
Contributor

I have been experiencing the same issues. I have been using my Paypal Debit card (Business) account for over 2 years now. And never have I had any issues. My backup method is verified and limit set to $1,000. My card keeps getting declined for NO REASON. To say the least, it is very embarrasing to have small transactions declined. all week last week, it works once, then is declined the next, then works again then declined. Absolutely ridiculous. I thought I was the only one and that something is wrong with my account. But clearly, others are experiencing these issues and I am SHOCKED that Paypal does not admit there is a system glich that is causing this problem.

Login to Me Too

amyswinningways
Contributor
Contributor

Having this problem now. It's worked since day one, then yesterday it decided to start denying anytime I use it. Used it yesterday morning just fine and then went to use it again tomorrow afternoon and denied. Error code 5(05?) is what was provided at a brick and mortar store and then error code 100 at a site online. There is more than sufficient funds, account is confirmed, address confirmed, etc.

Login to Me Too

rob07
New Community Member

this is absolutely **bleep**!   Complete bull craaaapp!!!!!

Login to Me Too

DisgustedinFl
New Community Member

Not doing business with banks anymore. I obtained a Mastercard Direct Express debit card, for the Feds to deposit my

monthly SS check. Tried to change info on line..no luck..spoke with PayPal customer service..after several minutes, was told to call Direct Express and determine why the card could not be verified. Did that, was told to call PayPal and go from there...did that....spent over 19 minutes with PayPal customer service again(mostly on hold while she tried to see what the problem was...she then informed me that I should call Direct Express again...you get the idea...unable to resolve this situation, my only remaining choice is to cancel my Paypal account and pay by Postal Money Orders, which some sellers don't accept. I an so thoroughly disgusted with Paypal...they're supposed to be a professional business...with the performance of idiot amatures.

Login to Me Too

shiningfaith
Contributor
Contributor

I've had my card for a couple of months now with a backup funding source.  Within the past two days, my card has suddenly begun declining.  And now, I'm getting receipts for all the cleared transactions that were funded.  I think PayPal has chanegd something, because I know I hadn't gone above my backup funding limit -- not even near to that.  Thankfully, we've had other funding methods, but yes, it's very frustrating.

Login to Me Too

youngghost

how do i get a paypal debit card and how do i do i get to it

Login to Me Too

I would seriously consider having PayPal cancel the business debit card (not the whole account).  I have PayPal Business Debit Account also, but I just checked the card and it's expired thus one of two things happened:

1)  The card is lost in the mail (although highly unlikely, I will spend the time to verify with PayPal that they didn't issue another one to me)

2)  PayPal suddenly decided my account doesn't have enough transactions so why bother  to send me one (much more valid since I don't do much eBay and other online transactions with the PayPal Debit Card).

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.