Paypal has requested additional photo documentation. Where/How to send??

slickums1776
Contributor
Contributor

I applied for the Paypal debit card. I have been a Paypal member for 5+ years and have a VERIFIED home address, etc.

However, after applying, I get the NOT APPROVED message indicating I need to provide photo copies of:

- Home Address (even though already verified!)

- SSN

But there is no email address to send the copies to. What do they want, snailmail?? Fax??

The real bummer here is that they say if I don't respond in 14 days, they will RESTRICT my account!! Really? Simply for applying for an optional debit card? Seems I cannot simply say, "Ok, forget it!"

Catch-22: You need to send additional info for an optional service. We aren't going to tell you where/how to send that info, but if you don't within 14 days, we will restrict your existing, verified, in good-order account. Great!

Anyone know how to do this??

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

i_am_no_one

Same situation here.  But I finally figured it out. You need to log on to your paypal account, then you'll see the pending actions, after you click 'resolve', go down to the bottom and click on 'fax' or 'email'.  

Login to Me Too

Bri08
Contributor
Contributor

Just wanted to chime in again, since my account is now back to normal after giving paypal a call.

Apparently because I moved recently, that was the only issue. All is well now. Hope this helps someone.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Bri08 -

Thank you for the update, and congratulations on the resolution.  Glad to hear it!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.