Paypal Premier Card Doesn't Work Anymore

dixiedealer
New Community Member

I have never had a problem using my paypal mastercard until now. I am denied everywhere I try to use it, including the bank atm, gas stations, grocery stores etc. It's like it's deactivated or something. There's nothing on the Paypal website that I can find that addresses these issues. I guess I get the arduous task of trying to locate a human customer service rep to sort this out. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Shurlee
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem , after years of working now it's denied everywhere I try to use it. The only place it works is on ebay.

Login to Me Too

coach1
Contributor
Contributor

I am so frustrated with this! I've never had a problem using my paypal debit card  until yesterday. The first guy I talked to said it was just  a "random decline" that there is no explanation for - seriously, he said that.  When it happened today I called and had to verify my phone number and several recent transactions with the security department, and then she said I was fine and my card wouldn't be declined again.  She was wrong. It worked once, then was declined twice. I called back and got a rep that said something triggered the "internal security model" but she didn't know what and couldn't give me any answer. I asked for a supervisor, he said the same thing, he didn't know and couldn't tell me if he did what the "red flags" are, and he couldn't say whether or not it would continue to be declined or not. Which is basically a very polite non-answer.

This is my only debit card, I've used it many, many times with no problem and it always comes right out of my backup funding. I'm embarrassed and annoyed, because what good is a debit card that gets declined for NO reason? Or at least no reason that anyone can tell me so that I can fix it. Actually they said there's nothing to fix, nothing I can do or that they can do. Which is again not helpful.

I was so happy with this debit card. Not sure why Paypal cannot get this right, but it's unacceptable.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.