Paypal Debit Mastercard application not approved. Why?

hadcat
New Community Member

I've applied for a Debit Mastercard, and just got an email that Paypal is unable to approve my application. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Why?

No information, no explanation, no place to go to find out what's wrong.

My account has been long dormant and I've just started to use it again, could that be the reason? According to the site, I have to wait 30 days before applying again. But, not knowing why the application was denied, what action should I take? I may well get disapproved again!

And for the record, I live in the US and don't have any kind of credit issues.

Any help is welcome.

Thanks,

hc

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

keeling74820

I am in the very same boat, except that I had a Paypal Debit card for quite some time until I lost my debit card, reported it lost/stolen and deactivated it. Then Paypal wanted to know where to mail my replacement card and the form said it could only be mailed to a billing address for one of my linked cards from other banks. Since all of those had my PO box as the billing address, Paypal refused to send it there. So, I logged out, contacted my bank, had my billing address changed on one of my cards, logged back in to Paypal, updated the new billing address on that card, BUT when I went in to finish the form and get my replacement card mailed out - Paypal didn't give me that form again. Instead, they made me do a completely new application and promptly denied that application. So, by losing my debit card, now they won't let me have another one????? I am about to pull my hair out. I've been a Paypal customer for quite a while, done a lot of business with them. I find this terribly inconvenient and insulting. I've emailed asking for help with this problem. Waiting to see what they say.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.