PayPal Debit Card in Canada?

DTHCND
Contributor
Contributor

I was looking into getting a PayPal debit card, not too much luck googling... But I came across a eBay page that said;

"How to request for your FREE PayPal debit card:

• Upgrade to a Premier or Business PayPal account
  • Register and confirm a bank account on your PayPal account
  • Have registered a credit card where the monthly statement is sent to a physical street address (not a P.O. Box)
  • PayPal account must be open for 60 days
  • Be an active PayPal member in good standing"

Just wondering if this is true, and if I have to do step 3, as I don't have a credit card to start with... Help?
Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

AlokRaj
Contributor
Contributor

This is correct, I mean the step2 and step 3 are required.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi everyone,

Currently, the PayPal Debit Card is only available for US account holders - new cards cannot be issued in Canada.  We appreciate your interest in the card, however!  Smiley Happy

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

DTHCND
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks everyone!... Hope to see the card in Canada one day Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

DebitCardCanada
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Adrian,

Can you please push to have this Debit Card available to Canadian PayPal'ers.

What do you think can be done to get this moving forward?

Also, is it possible to re-release the PayPal Virtual Credit Card?

One of the 2 of these would make all the difference in the world for not only me but for many non-US PayPal'ers.

It's become very inconvenient that many businesses online do not offer PayPal as a payment option.

Is there an alternative to this?

Please help out. Thank You.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

DebitCardCanada,

I appreciate the outreach regarding your request to have the Debit Card available in Canada and for the Plug-In to be reinstated.  We value the input our customers have regarding our services, and I would like to personally thank you for the time you took to make this request and for your use of these products in the past.  Our products team is aware that a segment of our customers would like to see these products re-released.  After years of supporting both products, we felt they weren't providing the best experience for those who used them.  Please check out our list of Products and Services to find new ways to pay and get paid using PayPal.   We continue to focus on expanding our coverage online with new stores accepting PayPal every month. Check out our extensive directory to find your favorite!

Thank you again for your feedback,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

DebitCardCanada
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Adrian

Thank you for your response! I don't understand how these products weren't providing the best experience for those who used them? Were Canadians not using the card in similar ways as U.S. PayPal'ers? I haven't found any new ways to utilize my PayPal other than how it has always been used to make purchases. Please pull some strings - I know someone there in the Products Team can get this re-released. It's painful to not see a PayPal logo when attempting to make a purchase online. This is THE best product they have made! Thanks again, DCC

Login to Me Too

jasonh1234
Contributor
Contributor

"...we felt they weren't providing the best experience for those who used them."

Could that be any more vague?

Possible translations:

• "The Canadian partners we selected to facilitate the transactions were not able to meet the demands of our systems."
  • "We found that due to Canadian banking laws we were not able to earn enough of a commission on transactions."
  • "It cost more to run, than we were making off Canadians."
  • "The Canadian government **bleep**ed us around."
  • "The Canadian banks **bleep**ed us around."
  • etc.

Login to Me Too

jrodz
New Community Member

Adrian

I don't understand why the debit card is not longer available for US territories residents in Puerto Rico. We are US citizens, same currency and our banks are FDIC approved.  Since when the service is no longer available? I got local friends that apply for the card without restrictions

Best Regards

Jrod 

Login to Me Too

Qc
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Adrian wrote:

Hi everyone,

Currently, the PayPal Debit Card is only available for US account holders - new cards cannot be issued in Canada.  We appreciate your interest in the card, however!  Smiley Happy

Adrian

Please ,

don't insult my intelligence with your corporative blabla.

I'm a ebayer who use Paypal since 11 years.

When i started they're was only one Ebay and one Paypal.

It's a lack of respect to Canadians who have a Paypal debit card  to be unable to renew it , and to the ones who can't get one.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.