New Paypal debit card to replace one that broke in half

manorpv
New Community Member

My Paypal business debit m/c is cracked and will soon break in half. I only see where I can replace a lost or stolen card. The "Issue additional card " option will not allow me to get a duplicate card to replace my damaged one. Any suggestion's..?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

SteveHogan
Contributor
Contributor

Call customer service at PayPal

Login to Me Too

jasonkozdra
Contributor
Contributor

Don't bother calling.  There's no option in that menu either that would permit you to request a replacement card for a broken one.

Steve, can you give us a little more to go on than 'Call Paypal'.  Really.  If it were that easy, I wouldn't be here in the Community Help Forum.  If there were a 'thumbs-down' option for posts, yours would get it.

Login to Me Too

jdlockhart
Contributor
Contributor

You've probably already got this replaced.... but what I did was report mine as lost/stolen, then applied for a new one... had it a week later, but your card number will change. Of course, yea - you can always call paypal. Just go to help, click contact us on the bottom right of the screen, and click call us. It'll give u a phone # and a PIN to put in, there's rarely any wait time and they've always been extremely helpful and friendly to me.

Login to Me Too

jasonkozdra
Contributor
Contributor

The method I used to successfully request a replacement card:

Log into Paypal.  You'll be presented with the 'Accounts' screen.  On the right hand side, you'll see "Questions?  We're here to help." with a light blue question mark (?) to the left.   Underneath that is a link labeled "Contact Us".  Click that and you'll be taken to the contact screen.

Under option 2, click 'E-mail Us".  In the frame to the right, you'll see another "E-mail Us" link.  On the next screen, under  "Ask Your Question", select the radio button next to "Paypal Debit Card" and then the radio button to the left of "Card Stolen/Lost/Replace".  You'll need to enter some text in the text box at the bottom of the screen, such as "My Paypal debit card is cracked in half and I need a replacement".  You must enter something, but don't bother making it too fancy.  It's another way to herd you into another ineffective self-help/knowledgebase option.

On the last screen titled "Contact Us", you'll be able to send a message through their web form.  You'll receive an auto-reply from the Paypal system, and then about 24 hours later you should receive confimation from the Paypal Debit Card Team letting you know that a new card will be sent.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.