How long to debit card refunds take?

lizziep_d9s
New Community Member

I bought something from Amazon with my PayPal debit card. I've since returned the item and got an email last night that they (Amazon) had issued a refund. I'm not seeing the refund in my PayPal account.

Does it take a few days for PayPal to process this or something? If so, how long will I have to wait for that refund to get back into my account?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Tsims
New Community Member

I have the exact same situation. The Amazon seller says they've sent the refund, and I've received an email from Amazon saying they've done the refund, but it's still not showing up in my account. How long does this normally take?

Login to Me Too

bizet
New Community Member

Today is Nov 10.  On Nov 8th I paid a company for a service where I ordered  prints that they will create and drop ship to my customer. The print order itself did not go through, although they recieved the payment from my paypal Debit  Mastercard card of  $41.00. I contacted the company within an hour of realizing the print images did not go through. They voided the transaction immediately from their end. How long does it take to receive back my $41.00 into my account so that I can reorder the prints???? My customer is waiting, and I cannot reorder until I have the funds refunding. I do not understand why it takes this long, because the money was in a debit card, which means the funds are there. How long does it normally take? anyone know?

Login to Me Too

tnbasset
Contributor
Contributor

I am in the very same situation! I ordered an item on Amazon, paid for it with my PayPal Debit card, returned the item, and they issued a refund to the debit card yesterday.  Well, it's now been 24 hours and it's still not showing up on my PayPal account.  There's nothing.....no pending or anything.  How long does it take?  I've got a sneaking suspicion that we have to keep our eye on this and complain, or we'll never see that money!  I trust Amazon completely and have been a loyal customer for years.  PayPal though, I'd keep a close eye on the money trail! 

Have any of you others gotten your refunds yet?  Please let me know, because I'd rather go to the dentist than have to call PayPal's customer service. (They're a pain on the phone! Ugh!) 

Login to Me Too

Temp20211230f
New Community Member

ALMOST THE SAME THING RIGHT HERE EBAY SELLER TOLD ME THAT THE REFUND WAS ISSUED SO I GOT MY EMAIL ABOUT 3 DAYS AGO NOW I AM WAITING FOR MY FEFUND DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW LONG IT TAKES?

Login to Me Too

tnbasset
Contributor
Contributor

It sounds like your situation is a little different than ours.  Did you use PayPal to pay the seller?  If so, the refund would should up immediately in your paypal account.  (I've been  a power seller in the past and am a daily multiple purchaser)  I know what I'm talking about!  If you paid the seller with a debit card (not going through the PayPal process) and used your PP debit card to pay him/her, then the refund may be delayed in showing up.  But like I said, if you paid with PayPal and he/she refunded, it would have shown up already.  Sounds like you need to file a complaint with ebay!  Don't wait too long, because there's a time limit on filing complaints. 

But to address the question to how long it takes to receive a refund on a PayPal debit card, for anyone else reading this and wondering..........mine took 2 days if I recall correctly.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.