Faulty ATM, but money deducted from my account anyway

SteenQuintero
Contributor
Contributor

I used an ATM today that wasn't working properly.  The ATM cancelled my transaction, did not give me a receipt, but paypal deducted the amount from my account.  I immedietly went into the bank when I realized the money had been debited from my account and I was assured that it would be refunded within 24 hours, but I want to know if anybody else has had this problem.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

rjh92
Contributor
Contributor

This has happened to me except at a store rather than an ATM. My card was swiped, but then the transaction was cancelled. I returned home to see that the money had already been minused from my account, which was a little confusing. However, after the Payment went from "Pending" to "Completed", the money was right back into my account. The whole process , including getting my money back, took about 5 business days. Hope this helps 🙂

Login to Me Too

SteenQuintero
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks!  It does help!  Thankfully the money was refunded back to my account within 3 days, but it did require several emails.  (I live in Costa Rica, so I can't just pick up the phone and call customer service).  All in all, I'd say the Paypal card is a good option, despite some of the "glitches"...I don't get charged an international fee when I get money out of the atm here, just the $1.00 atm fee, and that's it.....

Login to Me Too

rjh92
Contributor
Contributor

I'm glad you got your money back! Yeah the Paypal card is great, especially the 1% cash back on credit purchases. You can make a few extra bucks a month if you use it a lot. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.