Everytime I apply for a Paypal debit card I get denied, Why?

Meg725
Contributor
Contributor

Every single time I try to I apply I get denied. Then I get a email saying they noticed an issue with my account and have to provide a copy of my photo id, proof of social security and proof of address. After I have to wait 30 days to apply again only to get denied again and go through all of that over again.

I don't know what the problem is. My PayPal account is verified. I really need this debit card. What am I doing wrong? What's the problem? What should I do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

mumyoryu
Contributor
Contributor

Having this same problem as well. I tried applying back in November and was immediately denied for some reason; its almost as if theres a flag on my account or something, which is ridiculous. I got the same email about the "issue" with my account, provided the required information, and my account was cleared. Waited until today, and applied again. Same situation; immediately denied, "issue" with my account. I have never had a credit card before, and dont have any credit history. Could this be a possible cause? Maybe Paypal's system is automatically told to deny anyone with low or no credit

Login to Me Too

jeenabean
Contributor
Contributor

Have you both been Paypal members for more than 60 days...

Login to Me Too

keeling74820

I am in the very same boat. Except I've HAD a Paypal debit card for a couple years already! I lost my debit card, reported it lost/stolen and deactivated it. Then Paypal wanted to know where to mail my replacement card and the form said it could only be mailed to a billing address for one of my linked cards from other banks. Since all of those had my PO box as the billing address, Paypal refused to send it there. So, I logged out, contacted my bank, had my billing address changed on one of my cards, logged back in to Paypal, updated the new billing address on that card, BUT when I went in to finish the form and get my replacement card mailed out - Paypal didn't give me that form again. Instead, they made me do a completely new application and promptly denied that application. So, by losing my debit card, now they won't let me have another one????? I am about to pull my hair out. I've been a Paypal customer for quite a while, done a lot of business with them. I find this terribly inconvenient and insulting. I've emailed asking for help with this problem. Waiting to see what they say.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.