DENIED DEBIT CARD

jfilm
New Community Member

PayPal is absolutely ridiculous when it comes to good customer service and proper banking policies. Why does it take an act of Congress to get a debit card?! All that happened is that I lost my card and need a new one. No big deal right? I've been denied TWICE...

What other online alternatives are out there? What companies offer a similar service to PayPal, but are actually competent?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

webangelpb

Me tooo!!!  It's soooo frustrating!!!  I have lost my card and am now trying to get a new one and it's like climbing Mt. Everest.  I got a prepaid card which I added to my PayPal account and even sent money from my PayPal account to this card, YET I can't use the same card to reapply for my debit card!!!

When I called they told me they have trouble with pre-paid cards and it's best to get another card!!!  They said they had to protect against money laundering.  But my question is, why is it that I can send money from my PayPal account to this card with no problem YET I can't use the SAME card to get my PayPal debit card.  If I were laundering money, it wouldn't matter to me whether or not I have a PayPal debit card.  The most important thing would be that I can send the money from one account to the next.....

PayPal, I want to know the REAL reason you are asking for my address because it's not about any **bleep** security.......

Login to Me Too

skierbri10
Contributor
Contributor

Me three.  All I need is another card since the one I have the magnetic strip doesn't work.  For whatever reason I am no denied.  Stupid.

Login to Me Too

minuteman1994

They are only complying the the regulations of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, which now--thanks to Goldman Sachs, Inc.--apply to NON-BANK entities such as PayPal.

Login to Me Too

CompuSpecs
Contributor
Contributor

I agree this is BS. I've been with PayPal since 2003 and this is the first time I lost my card and I was denied. What is these people's problem. You already get a percentage off of every transaction we do and every dollar that's transfered into our account. I wish it was a to boycott PayPal. It's our money and you guys wouldn't even have a salary if it wasn't for us. Smiley Mad

Login to Me Too

Eregan
New Community Member

I have a Western Union debit card.  No monthly fee and reasonable loading fees.  On line balance checking is free.  Fast and friendly customer service on the phone and in the stores....

Login to Me Too

Ramulus
Contributor
Contributor

I agree. I am going through **bleep** also becaue my bank is registered to a verified PO box I have had for over 15 years! I do not have perminant place of residence and everytime I try to add a temporary address of stay they will not approve my application. What the heck is going on?

In addition, I wonder if they considered that I have been a customer and Paypal debit card holder for quite some time. Also, my credit union on file is in fact using my P.O. Box as a verified place of residence. Furthermore, this has all come into play after contacting their representatives in effort to obtain a new debit card. I strongly believe that I nor my account is fraudulent. I am very disturbed as to why Paypal has assumed that I am a fraudulent individual even after following ther company's recommendations.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.