Cirrus ATM charging cash withdrawl fee! Why?

tryin
Contributor
Contributor

At a credit union Maestro/Cirrus network ATM I was charged a $3 fee for a cash withdrawl against my PayPal Debit Mastercard. Every bit of policy documentation I can find online at PayPal, and all of the printed hardcopy documentation that came with my debit card state that Maestro/Cirrus ATM transactions will incur no fee except the $1 fee charged by PayPal itself. Whats going on? Can someone explain? Please?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

I think the key to your question are these three sentences from the documentation:

1.  You can use your PayPal Debit MasterCard® to withdraw money from your PayPal account at any Maestro/Cirrus ATM.

2.  There is a $1.00 fee to withdraw money from an ATM.

3.  The bank that owns the ATM may also charge a fee.

So PayPal does charge a $1.00 whenever you do an ATM withdrawal.  If you're being charged $3, that means the bank that owns the ATM you used charged you $2.00.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

yacker6969
New Community Member

If you use a Chase ATM, you don't get hit with the ATM fees.  Only the 1.00 fee from paypal as a convenience fee.  If you look at the back of the card in the fine print, it says Chase JPM Card issuing bank! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.