"Sorry, there was a technical error. Please try again later" error every time I try to pay

hhazrat786
Contributor
Contributor

Getting the error every time I try to pay or setup autopay for my paypal credit account. This issue has been happening since a couple of months. Tried different browsers and systems. Also tried paypal phone app. Contacted both Paypal and Synchrony bank support but they have no idea and blame each other. 

Error Message: "Sorry, there was a technical error. Please try again later"

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

rcm999
Contributor
Contributor

I get the same thing, even when switching browsers.  If I can't make a payment, will I be penalized?

Login to Me Too

hhazrat786
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I was penalized but I asked them to issue a refund of penalty amount  (late fee of some $29) as it was not my fault. The issue seems to have resolved for me and I was able to setup autopay recently.

Login to Me Too

GeckoHarmony
New Community Member
We’re you able to figure this out? Having the same problem.
Login to Me Too

Rayne1
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same issue too... very frustrating!!
Login to Me Too

Tmshopping
New Community Member
I experienced the same thing. Trying to pay bill, cannot access,and it’s been 2 weeks. Hope won’t get charged.:(
Login to Me Too

huskergirl18
New Community Member

What's the solution to this issue? Did it get resolved?

Login to Me Too

T4Turtle
New Community Member

I have been trying to pay PayPal Credit for about two months now. The reps in their chat say they can make a payment for me and have not, I tried this 3 times and gave up on paying online and had to call in. Tried three different browsers get this same error quoted here. Trying to pay off before interest gets charged to me. Appears to be predatory lending like they want you to not pay in 6 months so they can hit you with full interest on the full amount.  Now I am two months behind and have to make bigger payments to pay off in time. 

Login to Me Too

similiken
New Community Member

I had this problem as well. I was able to fix it by removing my bank account and re-adding it. The trick was i re-added it by way of plopping in the routing and bank account number (as opposed to bank account username and password method). Then from there, paypal needed to verify it was me, so it sent me a text message with a code. I typed in the code into paypal, then it told me "success, account added".

From there i was finally able to pay my balance without issue.

Login to Me Too

fonewiz
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, this did not fix it for me. Still getting the same error.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.