possible identity theft and 1099c form

damien38
Contributor
Contributor

ok so I received a envelope with a 1099c form from Paypal (europe)sarl. et cie sca address with us postage paid. which by the way I live in florida/usa.

I in fact have dept with paypal credit.  it was charged off and sold to midland credit, and I have paying them on that dept.

plus paypal credit is through synchrony bank and not paypal itself.

so back to the 1099c.

1. printed on regular printer paper with my address and that paypal address at the top of the page.

2. there is a phone number. for the heck of it I called it.[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]  yesterday when I called, voice mail answered saying 1099c was not available at the moment and voicemail is full. today I called and voice mail answere saying it was paypal and leave a message.,,, just wow. so much scam

3. there are typos in the instructions section. some words dont have spaces between them. again wow

listed creditor is paypal europe, again nope synchrony bank creditor and sold to midland credit.

dept description : paypal credit....... sigh.....why

and now debtors tin list full social number, which is against irs rules as it states only 4 digital will be shown.

dept discharge doesnt match dept with midland credit.

and half the form is missing. as there is only  copy B

so yeah I really think is a scam and someone got a hold of my social number

and there has not been any cancellation of dept announced

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @damien38,

I'm sorry to hear that you received a suspicious document. I'm glad to hear that you are vigilant and cautious! If you believe that your social security number has been compromised, you may want to look over this information about reporting identity theft.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

April8205
Contributor
Contributor
Did you ever figure out if this was fake or not, because i just received the same thing in the mail. I have been trying to do research on it, and even called irs and they said they couldnt tell me anything.
Login to Me Too

Crissytee
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing happened to me! I am pretty sure it is fake (I hope). Please if anyone finds anything else out let us know on here!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.