money being taken from my bank account instead of paypal credit as i intended

moosey4686
Contributor
Contributor

i am having a lot of trouble lately with payments to online merchants.  i have paypal credit marked as my first choice for paying online, and my debit card as my backup funding source.  more and more often, when i checkout at an online merchant, instead of taking the money from my paypal credit balance (yes, i make sure i have sufficient funds to cover the transaction first), the money is taken from my debit card.

the latest example of this was yesterday, 11/11/2018.  my paypal credit balance showed $15.11 available (no, it wasn't a pending balance, i made sure of that).  i made a purchase from microsoft for $3.18.  instead of coming from my more than sufficient paypal credit balance, the transaction was charged to my debit card.

why is this happening?  luckily i had sufficient funds in my bank account to cover the purchase, but how am i to know when paypal will charge my paypal credit as i intend or my debit card?  i am hesitant to use paypal for paying anything because i don't know how the purchase will be handled.

getting very frustrated with this.  hope someone can shed some light on this for me.

thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.