misleading credit card offer and application process

emparker5470
New Community Member

got an email offer from paypal that took me to PP website. scroll down and button for apply for credit card no interest 6 months appears. so right below another button appears saying apply for credit decision. so 1 button to apply for card then next for a credit decision. the credit decision button does not say applying for card or account and conveys an informal or pre-aplicacation process. why word it that way or be vague/ambiguous? so i hit button and gave info. hit submit and i get a credit card app decline. WHAT! The a message from credit reporting of hard inquiry dropping my score 31 points!!!! I have spent the last 6 months time/money restoring credit and this crap. i have tried every #, every chat, every clickable spot on their site to get some recourse and forum is what im left with. oh, and a fax number to a florida location. Paypal i want to talk to someone who can give me an answer or direct me to a step to get some ind of resolution process. surely an entity such as yours does not leave its customers in a state of negative impact after attempting such simple good faith interaction. Please respond in some form. This seems awfully wrong, not just the issue but more so the ability to communicate or resolve or feel valued as a paypal account holder.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.