linking paypal credit

dsunderwood93
Contributor
Contributor

I was advised by experian that I had been approved for a paypal credit. I contacted synchrony to confirm the details and it was in fact my account.  I contacted paypal to help me link and they informed me that I would need to  create a new account to use the credit and I could not link it to my husbands account although it not been linked to an account at all.   I created a new paypal  account yesterday and updated all that info with paypal credit and after talking to about 10 different people over the last 24 hrs, someone at payal credit finally told me about the link button on the paypalcredit.com site.   When I go there all my info is correct but when I click link I get a message that says   "We're upgrading our systems, credit servicing is unavailable, we're working on the problem"  anyone else run in to this?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @dsunderwood93,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty that you've had with linking your PayPal Credit account to your new PayPal account. The error that you're seeing is a general one, and while it may indicate something technical on our side, it may also be something that can be resolved with some minor steps on your side. Let's try that first.

Please try clearing the cookies and cache in your browser and then restart the browser. If the problem persists after that, please reach out to PayPal Credit customer service again. They can help with a little more troubleshooting or report the issue to technicians if it's something on our side.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

dsunderwood93
Contributor
Contributor

that did not work, still getting the same error.  And the account that was floating out there and was never linked got hacked and I had to go through a fraud report to get that account closed.  They issued me a new account and guess what?  I can't link it either... still getting the same error message, this is ridiculous 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.