help! Direct Debit payment

Barney28
New Community Member

Hi 

I bought 2 items at 85 each over 2 listings from the same seller on ebay so when i checked out i made the one payment for £170.00 

one payment went out of £85.00 immediately from my bank account but the other one came out a few days later via a Direct Debit payment?????. 

why is this? as i had enough money in my bank account to pay the 2 £85s together at the time anyway

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Barney28

If they were both funded from your bank account rather than your debit card then they would both have been direct debit transfers.

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

Takes 5-7 working days to transfer as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option BUT funds normally leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Barney28
New Community Member

thanks for that, does this mean one payment was made by my debit card and one made by paypal direct debit then? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Barney28

They could have both been paid via direct debit but one left your bank account a lot quicker than the other one.

As i said sometimes payments leave my bank account in a few hours and sometimes it can be 2 days later.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.