email from PayPal Credit

scb007
New Community Member

I received an email from PayPal Credit today asking me to update my annual income so that they may make a decision about future credit updates.  How do I know if this is legit?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Paparazzi0917
Contributor
Contributor

I just took a chance and clicked on the Update Now button that was in the email.  It went straight to the log in screen for PayPal.  I added my income and confirmed, then it took me back to my summary screen.  I would say it is legit!

Login to Me Too

Cindilou65
New Community Member

I am in the IT field so this may be some overkill, however in the digital age I like to protect myself.

This is legit, I confirmed the information in the header is associated with paypal, including the ipaddress associated with the email.

When I clicked the link I confirmed in the source code it was not a phishing attempt, prior to logging in.

Last, I logged into my PayPal on a separate page, then went back and clicked the link,  with the security encryption in place from my initial log in, was the final confirmation.

Once, the information was updated, it took me back to my account page.

Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.