eBay item payment refused by PayPal Credit

Billesleygriffo
New Community Member

I purchased a high priced item on eBay recently (March 2019 for nearly 300 pounds Sterling) and in thinking I could take advantage of the 4 months interest free payments, decided to pay with my PayPal Credit account (which I have done before with this offer). When I won the auction, I went into my eBay payment screen and clicked the PayPal Credit method of payment, only to find that my payment was being refused. Annoyingly, the refusal message wasn't really any help either with it just saying "Can't process payment. Please select a different payment method or check your payment details including your billing address". I did all this, and everything was OK, but I kept being refused. In the end I had to pay the full amount in one go through my normal PayPal account, which I wasn't too happy about. The following morning I telephoned PayPal to query this, and straight away the customer service guy told me it was being refused because the item I was buying was an auction, and not a "Buy it now" item. I protested but to no avail. I have now scoured the PayPal Credit T&C's and CANNOT find anywhere the rule that says items by auction cannot be paid for by PayPal Credit. However, I would be pleased if another Community member showed me where this rule is. I'm not very impressed with PayPal ATM :+(

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.