credit limit increases in uk

Gary3306
Contributor
Contributor

How long does it take before you get a credit limit increase in the UK? I have had my Paypal Credit for a year now and no increases yet, despite always paying more or less on the day my payment request arrives. I use the 4 months interest free facility on it but always pay it off before the interest kicks in. What else do I need to do? My credit cards have gone steadily up in limit, why not this? Frustrating as I would like to make a purchase that my limit doesn't cover.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gary3306 

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/FAQ2894

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

farnboroughandy
Contributor
Contributor

We have had PP since 2006 & even though we have it set to auto credit increase,we have never had one. Still stuck at £700. Like you our CC's credit limits increase as do our catalogues. Never missed a payment.Strange. 

Login to Me Too

Billy26
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same issue, had the account for years & have a good credit rating but still have the same very low PP credit limit, its there loss as i have a near zero reliance on PP.
Login to Me Too

Gary3306
Contributor
Contributor

Well we are now two years further on and I am still at the same limit. Not really worth having when I can just use a credit card. They only gave me £250 in the first place. As you say, their loss but its just another line of credit on my credit file that needn’t be there, so it’s getting cancelled 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.