Why the late payment charge

GS888
New Community Member

My account has been and is supposed to still be, 6 months no interest on new purchases. Within the last 60 days I made a purchase for approximately $70. I paid off my $150 purchase from early this year in full in April at which time I tried to pay off the news charge but it hadn't registered yet and I got a message back saying g I could not overpay on my account. Fine. I have had this credit account with PayPal for approximately 2 years and I have always paid the balance in full before the 6 month mark. Its been a common practice for me to check my account every few weeks just to make sure all is good and my statement has always said No Payment due even when I had a balance because it was within the 6 month period. 

Fast forward to tonight. I went to pay what I expected to be a $70 balance and instead I got a notice that my payment is past due and that I owe my full balance plus $29 in late fees but there is NO interest being charged. So what is going on PayPal????

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

scwmsc
Contributor
Contributor

I made my payment, it shows on my statement, yet there is a $27 late fee!

Login to Me Too

NotPleasedatall
Contributor
Contributor

Same with me.. I actually made a larger payment days before my minimum payment was due and I got hit with a late fee... Mind you I also made another payment that was scheduled to be paid a day after, on the 8th instead of the 7th, Which in all honesty I believe I paid it on the 7th and on the 8th they charged me a late fee... SERIOUSLY UPSET !!!! 

Login to Me Too

scwmsc
Contributor
Contributor

Mine was resolved, and they credited me back the late fee, but, that didn't stop the calls!  I finally chatted with a nice woman who said she would put a note on the account to NOT CALL, which lasted a week, then I kept getting calls saying I was in default!  lol  They finally stopped calling when the next billing cycle started.  What terrible management!  I REALLY wish I had NEVER opened this account!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.