Why no help from PayPal

SurfLife
New Community Member
I needed to send money to my daughter. I typed in my daughter's current phone after "request to access contacts" was given. My daughter's picture icon and phone number show up so I proceed to send $1000. Immediately after sending I noticed the person on the contact and name changed. I ended up sending money to the wrong person that somehow has my daughters current phone number on his account. I tried to cancel but there's no cancellation button like CashApp or other more modern apps. I immediately tried calling but was referred to going to the app which took forever and basically got no help just generic responses and or "sorry the money has been transferred, theres nothing we can do". How is it possible that this could happen. I was clearly deceived and after numerous attempts to contact the recipient, as PayPal suggested I've yet to hear anything from him. Can anyone please help me out? I've never been in this type of predicament and I cant let go of $1000 to a complete stranger that easily, no way!
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.