Why do they keep telling you you can use the "Message Center" if it doesn't work???

immargarita
Contributor
Contributor

Honest to god, since I have been unable to get help via chat, I've tried sending messages for 3 weeks straight but it's virtually impossible because the supposed "Message Center" is nothing but an irritating useless bot.  Then when you try to use the "Secure Messages" feature in PayPal credit, you get a ridiculous error message over and over and over and over and over and over again!  This is so bloody frustrating! It repeatedly says: "There is a problem with the information you provided. Please go back and try again."  Aggravating!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@immargarita 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@immargarita 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

zlloyd1
Contributor
Contributor

I have to agree here. The so called 'Message Center' is as pointless as an FAQ page. It is extremely limited in what you can ask, and sort of forces you to choose from a bunch of predetermined choices that all assume that everything is working correctly. 

If there is a problem / bug on the site, there is no possible way to express this, without being told to 'try again.'

This is an issue because there is no possible way to try again, as you will just be stuck with the exact same choices that weren't useful all over again, and there is no way to actually contact PayPal provided anymore. Due to the pandemic, they have all but completely turned off customer support now. The phone number is nothing but a bot that tells you there are no agents available, and then hangs up the call. The Message Us option is broken as per above, and they do not respond to Facebook / Twitter messages at all.

The only solution I can see is to file an official complaint against them, which they will be forced to reply to.

Otherwise they will just ignore you!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.