Why cant I use paypal credit

Temp20220923E
Contributor
Contributor
I used paypal credit to put a deposit on an item with a merchant. When I went to try and use the account with the same merchant, it keeps saying I need to setup a payment method, even though paypal credit is set up as my preferred method paid payment. I have available credit still. I dont understand why it doesn't even show up as an option now.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20220923E 

For back up just In case it doesn't go through with PayPal Credit. It's been known to happen that another linked method is used instead on occasion. Note that PayPal reserves the right to restrict use of the credit line depending on the circumstances of your transaction. If PayPal Credit is not offered then it is recommended that you use another linked payment method to complete payment or another source would be used instead if it does go through.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Temp20220923E
Contributor
Contributor
I opened the credit line for this purchase specifically. the $1000.00 I paid them went through fine and they received it. Now I dont even get the paypal credit option even though I have more credit line available. Could it be because it is a new account and it's a security thing where i need to call? I have no other methods of payment linked, maybe this is why??? I understand they reserve the right to approve purchases, but when they say you have X amount available and you try to use it, you should be able to. Worse comes to worse, I'll have to just get a regular credit card for the purchase, then pay this line off and close it if this is how it typically is.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.