Why can't I get my PayPal credit account re-opened?

Dashky
Contributor
Contributor

Last January I was getting bombarded with calls from PayPal while at work so I answered and said "stop calling me" they put my account as "do not contact" which automatically disabled my PayPal credit account. I always paid on time and most times paid more than the minimum. As of now I even finished paying the balance off. It still shows credit line of 2k+ but no available balance to spend. I've called, authorized my account to be contacted, and have done everything I needed to get my account back. Why has it been almost a year and to this date I can't get my account re-opened?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dashky

No idea, why not give customer services a call and ask?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dashky
Contributor
Contributor
I've been on the phone with them multiple times. They don't even know... They keep saying call us back in a few weeks and check. My hope is that they see it here and take action.
Login to Me Too

Rae0516
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here. Paypal closed my account after a statement was returned to them (even though I called after receiving notice of the returned statement, and they said everything was fine). I have a 3something-k limit, no balance, and no available credit. I called for MONTHS, and every time they told me to call back in a different month. Finally in September, they told me they have no idea when they will be able to reopen accounts again and directed me to the "contact us" link. After you get to the list, pick "paypal credit" and there is a thread that says "re-open paypal credit account". Under that thread it says they are unable to re-open accounts at this time and they do not know if/when they will be able to, and that the message will be updated when/if they can. Customer service should have been able to direct you to that info.

Login to Me Too

BN231
New Community Member
 Brent Nichols3:44 PM I applied for a paypal credit card upon already having one that was closed not by me and got declined with a credit score of 712?? **bleep** you all I will never ever use paypal again and am deleting my apps and service through eBay.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.