What's involved in a vendor being able to accept Papal Credit payments?

Snowdog63
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there.

So, some people I buy from accept Paypal Credit payments & some don't. Now, I need to pay for something using my Paypal Credit but currently it's not showing as an option with this particular seller.

I'd like to approach the seller & suggest that they enable Paypal Credit but I'd like to know more about what's involved first. What do they need to do in order to be able to accept payments by Paypal Credit? Is it a complex process? Will it cost them money or is it just switching on an option?

You'd think this information would be readily available but I can't find anything about it anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

it is not up to the seller,it is up to Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Snowdog63
Contributor
Contributor

Okay, well that's... Helpful. Fancy clueing me in on what that means, exactly?

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

@Snowdog63 wrote:

Okay, well that's... Helpful. Fancy clueing me in on what that means, exactly?

pAYPAL offers you a line of credit,but it is not always available,it depends on its cashflow,your creit rating,your buying activities and the item you want to buy.

I tis not like bank or cc credit . 

Login to Me Too

Snowdog63
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, I think you misunderstand me.

I have Paypal credit but some people don't accept it. Someone who's services I'm currently hoping to use is not geared up to accept payments from me by Paypal Credit & I'm just wondering what's involved in them getting set up to ACCEPT Paypal Credit payments.

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

who are these vendors?

Paypal credit is mostly for online purchase,when you are ready to purchase,say Ebay,if it is offered,you will see Paypal credit as one of the options.

are you saying you wish your vendors are on Paypal list ?

you may want to read the terms and search this forum to see how it works.

do these vendors have their own site and you want to see paypal credit as an option?

Login to Me Too

Snowdog63
Contributor
Contributor

Well, the person concerned specifically sells an advisory service for visas & immigration. I've paid consultation fees by sending money via Paypal to their email address, no problem. But for the main fees, I was wanting to use my Paypal credit but it was not showing as an option.

I called Paypal & they said that the vendor should call them & they would go through the "simple & free" steps to make sure Paypal Credit was an option. Then the vendor messaged me to say that they'd called Paypal & Paypal said that they should be able to accept Paypal Credit & that no action was necessary. So who knows? All I know is I can't use my PayPal Credit for this transaction. Which sucks large.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.