What is my transaction authorization number?

kajavaid
Contributor
Contributor

I just purchased a gift card from Home Depot using my Paypal account and I received an email from their customer support to send them the 6 digit authorization code for this transaction before they can process my request. Where can I get this number from?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kajavaid 

Never heard of this. A web search came up with nothing. Perhaps click the transaction listing in PayPal activity page for the gift card? Did you buy HD gift card at Home Depot website? At PayPal Digital Gifts? Did you pay with PayPal Credit? If so, look at your PayPal Credit account activity. Customer support email from Home Depot should tell you where to find it if they need it you would think. Very odd. Beware of scams.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Brooke

Hi @kajavaid

I am sorry to hear that you are having troubles using the gift card you have purchased. So we can look into this further for you, can you please contact our customer service. You can call, send a private message through Facebook or a direct message through Twitter.

Enjoy your day.

Thanks, 

Brooke

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.