What happend to "contact us."

artmakersworlds
Contributor
Contributor

Please don't tell me paypal got red of any means of talking to a human here.  Every time I click contact us all I get is a list of possible topics.

NONE OF WHICH ARE WHAT I NEED!!!!!

I tried plugging in my question only to get more of the same.   NOT MY QUESTION AT ALL!!!!!.

I needed to find the answer quickly.  Hence a PHONE CALL.   Forums rarely provide answers quickly let alone at all.

But here goes.

I have a credit card reader, got it long ago.   Never actually used it on my iphone, only on my daughters ipad.

Not available this time...

What I need to know is will this thing work on my iphone 5?  All I can find on this site is...

"Compatible with MOST ios....."    Most?   MINE?????  Mine too old???? What exactly is MOST?  And do I need to install an app as well? (I NEVER have much luck doing that.)

THIS is why I needed to SPEAK TO SOMEONE.   AND I would have liked to actually test this.  Perhaps ring up a few pennies just to see if it goes through.

Going to a craft fair two days from now.   Guess I'll stick to cash only.  

Damn.... I sure hope paypal didn't join with the rest of the worlds stupidity and no longer has support.   I may have to start using an alternative if this is the case. 

OH gees.... I don't know what "category" this falls under?   CREDIT CARDS????  SUPPORT?  LACK OF SUPPORT?  I don't see any of those here.

Pay pal credit... not really a pay pal credit card.... I have no clue what is the right one here.   So this lands where ever.

(I swear internet website programmers really need to SIT SOMEONE DOWN IN FRONT OF THEM and WATCH what happens.)

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@artmakersworlds

Paypal is 'country specific' so advice often depends on what country you are in. As you have not added your country to your community profile or said in your post then we can't help at the moment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

artmakersworlds
Contributor
Contributor

MY GOD this is frustrating. I actually found their phone number by GOOGLING it. Then the autobot repeats my phone asks if it's the one for my account. Yes. Now RIGHT THERE they HAVE all my information. Including what country I live in. (They have my house address for crying out loud.) But still it asks the last 4 of my SS (which I HATE giving over the phone.) But fine. Did it. Then I have to listen to my balance. I DID NOT ASK FOR MY BALANCE AND JUST LOOKING FOR SUPPORT I HAVE TO LOG IN FIRST RIGHT? THE FIRST THING YOU SEE IS YOUR BALANCE. What MORON programs these things? After shouting at a computer bot AGENT, support, service, brain, human, as well as a few choice cuss words, FINALLY I somehow got a person. Who in turn gives me a phone number for their card reader department. Ok, good. Called that. Well it seems low level (free) users like myself doesn't get support. I tried anyway. THEN.... the idiot computer asks if I want a call back. NO I DO NOT. But there is no option for no. There's 1 for yes and 2 for more information about call backs. I started hammering zeros... and shouting assorted cuss words. (Yea I know that doesn't help, makes me feel better.) So FINALLY I land a human. Nice girl. Once I finally get to a person pay pal has always been great. Well bottom line... my phone is too old so it won't work. And see? This ALL could have been avoided if someone would UPDATE their site and say "anything older than OS10 will not work." Not simply say "Most ios..." And have a phone number TO A HUMAN who actually took all of about 5 seconds to find the answer. Here, in case anyone else needs to know about card readers.

edited here as it seems pay pal does not even want THEIR OWN phone number shown.  So fine, here.

<removed>   (so much for stupid text filters.)  (good luck with the computer that answers.) GEES how flipping much can it possibly cost to HIRE HUMANS to say "Hi how may I direct your call." EASY. Not royally **bleep** off your customers with this endless idiotic computer garbage. Guess I'm taking cash only. Good to know. I'll leave my expensive items home. Last thought, I just noticed paypal SELLS various other card reading devices. Ya think the person on the phone might have tried to sell me one????? Meh, I am NOT going through this ring around again. Just not worth it. I'll do without. Cash only for me.

Login to Me Too

artmakersworlds
Contributor
Contributor

So I got an email that they removed the phone number I typed out.

IT WAS PAY PALS OWN CUSTOMER SUPPORT NUMBER!!!!!!

So the fact they want to hide their OWN phone from customers is clear proof they simply don't want to hire support help at all.  Offer support, or KEEP a customer who sells goods all the time and uses pay pal all the time.   So you will earn NOTHING from me this round.  Maybe I can sign up with another service. 

Also... WHY do I have to click the "I'm not a robot" thing OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER....

Yet when someone TRIES to call pay pal with a problem all we get are robots?

Great way to run a business here.  

I wish their CEO would come read their own forum posts. 

Better yet, hope they really do record calls.   Here how many people LOSE IT over their automated voice mail from hell.

ok, lets see how many attempts this one takes.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@artmakersworlds

When you see the FAQ questions you have to scrollllll dooooooowwwwn to see the contact us button.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

artmakersworlds
Contributor
Contributor

Yea?   Tried it lately?   I've used paypal for YEARS.   There has always been a way to call them or have them call me. 

IT IS GONE!   The contact us only brings up the SAME PAGE OF SELF HELP LINKS.   Go try it.

USA by the way,  not that this should matter for a credit card reader, will it work on my iphone 5 question though. I would think that much is universal.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@artmakersworlds

No but country is important if you want contact info...........

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

artmakersworlds
Contributor
Contributor

I will not TOUCH facebook.  With all the scandals they have been on the news over since it's inception... only fools would still use facebook.   I want nothing to do with them.... ever.

I do have a twitter account but honestly, why would I post a question about taking credit card payments with pay pal through twitter?

Just because paypal doesn't want to pay humans to pick up the phone?  Cheaper to send everything through voicemail?   Have ANY companies ever actually looked into how many sales they LOSE because of some thing as simple as not having any way to contact them?  A customer takes the time to call your business then no one can be bothered to pick up?   I tell ya more than a few local businesses lost me.  

I'm done here.  My answer is no, phone is too old.  Just a one day flea market, I'll bring only cheap items and take cash only.

So pay pal will earn NOTHING off of me on commission fees.   Not one penny.   Wonder how many other people have been blown off the same way?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@artmakersworlds

Your welcome.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.