What does fund transfer remove and reapply mean?

CAJA1
Contributor
Contributor
Hello. Can anyone tell me what a fund transfer remove and a fund transfer reapply both mean please? I have dispute open with a merchant for a large sum of money for a holiday that I had paid for via PayPal Credit, but the merchant cancelled the holiday due to COVID-19. I since still haven’t received my refund from them so I have opened up a PayPal dispute to see if that would speed up the process. I just checked my PayPal and saw that there were these two transactions, ‘fund transfer remove’ which is saying credit but then straight away after another transaction shows ‘fund transfer reapply’ which says debit, so it looks like they issued the refund but then took it back again?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

GavinPhillips
New Community Member

Did anyone ever get to the bottom of what this is? 

It has happened to me and effectively cancelled my 4 month interest free promotion.

Login to Me Too

Jfg4
Contributor
Contributor
This has happened to me and don’t know what it means either. The seller who the dispute is with is no longer at the address they provided to PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Raviolay
Contributor
Contributor
Same ordered something it came broken, put a dispute with PayPal in. Had this come up.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.