Using eBay's 24-month Easy Payments

Micole
Contributor
Contributor

So, I need a bit of clearing up about how this deal is supposed to work. I thought I understood it well enough to the point where I recently made a fairly large purchase, but now I am just confused.

I recently made a purchase under the 24-month easy payments deal for an item that came to roughly $800. I confirmed the purchase using PayPal credit, obviously, which shortly after the purchase I noticed I was charged for the full ($800) up-front with PayPal Credit, rather than the first months payment. Now, as of a few moments ago, that $800 for some reason has returned to my PayPal Available Credit balance and I'm confused as to if this is supposed to happen?

I guess what I'd like to know is, do you pay the full amount up-front via your Credit line for the purchase and then pay it off monthly over time? OR are you supposed to confirm the purchase, and only pay for the monthly payments, until the $800 is reached?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

rabbitshopper
New Community Member

So, I just ran across this post looking for some of my own questions on the promotional offer.  The way it works is that you are charged the FULL amount up front and you just pay the balance each month, interest-free (that is my personal recollection).  It's a good deal as long as you pay it off as agreed! Of course, it absorbs that specific amount of your line of credit just as any charge would do on any revolving credit account.  Hope by now you have gotten your answer but in the event you hadn't I figured I'd respond.  Cheers!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.