Unlink PayPal credit from PayPal account and link to new account

Barnone50
Contributor
Contributor

How do I unlink PayPal credit from my current account so I can link it to a new account?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Barnone50,

Thank you for posting in the community!

If there's a problem with the PayPal Credit account currently linked to your account, please contact customer service for assistance. They'll be able to ensure that the correct information is linked to your PayPal account.

To find the number to call, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website, then click Call us. You can log in or call as a guest.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Barnone50
Contributor
Contributor
@PayPal_Olivia, there's nothing wrong with my PayPal credit account, it's my PayPal cash account that has the problem. The internal security system has been blocking/stooping all my transactions since the day I opened it. I've called PayPal support twice a day for the past week straight and the only answer I get is the script that PayPal support reads from instead of actually doing their job(support) and fixing it, "our internal security system has stopped THIS SPECIFIC TRANSACTION" But it's not the 1 specific transaction, it's every single one I try to make, including purchases. So since the system has completely blocked my entire account, I'm also unable to use my PayPal credit line. I asked support to delink my account from PayPal credit so I can link credit to a new account, they said to call PayPal credit and they will do it, when I called credit support they said regular PayPal has to do it, so I called PayPal again, kept me on the phone for almost an hour just to transfer me to PayPal credit support, who also kept me on the phone for an hour, and he said that he put in a request to delink the accounts and it should take effect in 2-5 days. Which I don't believe, 1st of all, PayPal sends an email every single time you do something with your account, (add or remove a card/bank account, add/remove/change phone number/email/address, etc.) I never received an email that my accounts were set to be delinked, and I assume they would definitely send one at least for confirmation to make sure I asked for that. And Im an IT Tech and I know nothing takes that long, he should have been able to delink my accounts that minute, instead of putting in a request.. That's what SUPPORT is for, they over ride the computer software to get done what needs to be done. So since the beginning of May when I made my account, I've still been unable to use it for anything! AND PAYPAL SUPPORT IS ABSOLUTELY NO HELP!!! ALL THEY DO IS READ THE SCRIN FRONT OF THEM NO MATTER WHA I SAY, LIJE ROBOTS!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S THIS HARD, NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE TO UNLINK ACCOUNTS!!!!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Barnone50,

I'm very sorry that you've had the experience you describe. I regret that the community is not able to provide account-specific assistance with your account, and can only give general assistance. I can tell you that the information regarding the security system is true. If every transaction you attempt is being blocked, that would indicate that the risk is not necessarily specific to that one transaction. If you've been given information about trying future transactions after waiting for a time, it is the only advice that can be given in that case.

Regarding delinking your account, I can surmise that the delay may be due to a need for a review of the request. Any time something can be done without review, a representative will typically be able to do it right away.

I understand your frustration and I am very sorry for the inconvenience that you've endured. Please continue to work with support and wait out any time frames that have been given for resolution.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

topdri68
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Olivia et al, I cannot believe how hard it is to get your paypal credit unlinked from one account and then linked to another.  All I do is get the run around.  I call paypal and they say call paypal credit as there is nothing they can do.  I also get the same thing when I call paypal credit --- call paypal as there is nothing they can do.  I have an old account with the paypal credit and all I want to do is link it to my newer account so I can close the old one.  

If anyone has had any luck with this recently, please let me know.

Thanks,

Todd

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.